23 Eylül 2010 Perşembe

Discussion About Kellogg's Case Study

Discussion 1:
I have been eating Kellogg's cereals since ten years and i love them. I always thought that the company just produced the cereals and simply distributed them to countries all over the world. In other words, I did not have any idea about its Supply management. After reading the case, I learned that it worked with many retailers like TDG, ASDA and Kimberly Clark to stock its products and improve its distribution. I realized that as a result of its relationships with other business's it spent less money through the supply chain and focused more on its manufacturing. All in all, unlike I thought before now I know that Kellogg's processes are very sophisticated.

Discussion 2:

Unfortunately, nobody cares about our environment. More harmful substances are thrown to the environment everyday and many companies are included this act. Before reading the case study, I thought that Kellogg's was like the other businesses too. I said to myself "Their cereals can taste good, but I am sure that they harm the environment. However when I read the case, I became aware that Kellogg's manufacturing methods were based on producing the less waste. Now I have no doubt that this company is sensitive about our environment and is in a struggle to protect it.

1 yorum:

  1. Good comments...recording your own reactions and thoughts to wehat you have read. It's time you updated your blog.

    YanıtlaSil